There’s one summer fruit I can never seem to get enough of: cantaloupe. It tastes like candy and is so refreshing in the summer heat. I may have eaten an entire one by myself for dinner last week …
I’ve always loved the sweet and salty combination of melon wrapped in prosciutto, but this appetizer takes that classic to a whole ‘nother level.
We took these to a party last weekend and they were immediately demolished. Everyone was so impressed by the taste and presentation, but this appetizer only takes about ten minutes to whip up!
I love pairing this with an inexpensive and delicious bottle of locally-made Oliver Dry Red Blend.
Prosciutto + Melon Crostini
- 1 whole-wheat baguette, thinly sliced
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1/2 cup mascarpone cheese
- 8 slices prosciutto, cut into fourths
- 1/3 cantaloupe, cut or rolled into bite-size pieces
- 2 Tbsp. honey
- Set broiler to high.
- Lightly brush tops of bread with olive oil. Place under broiler until golden brown, about three to five minutes. Allow bread to cool to room temperature.
- Once bread is cooled, top each slice with a thin layer of mascarpone, one piece of prosciutto and one piece of cantaloupe. Lightly drizzle honey over melon.
[…] Prosciutto + Melon Crostini […]
[…] Prosciutto + melon crostini […]
[…] are so many uniquely summer dishes I look forward to: grilled sweet corn, caprese salad, melon and prosciutto, rhubarb crisp — the list seems […]