So much cheese. So much garlic. Really, does it get much better?
This party appetizer was inspired by everyone’s favorite food
group: ‘ZA! I whipped it up over the weekend for an impromptu get-together with some of James’ friends. I wanted to make something that was easy, portable and crowd-pleasing. It only takes a few ingredients and about 15 minutes to whip up. But, no one has to know that.
You can easily tweak this recipe based on what you have on hand — leftover taco fixings, extra barbecue sauce, an overabundance of garden vegetables. The possibilities are endless!
Pepperoni Pizza Party Bread
- 1 large loaf of round bread (if you’re feeling ambitious, make your own!)
- 4 Tbsp. butter, melted
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, finely grated
- 1/4 cup miniature pepperoni (if you can’t find these, you can cut regular pepperoni in half)
- 1/2 cup pizza sauce
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Cut a checkerboard pattern into the bread, only cutting 3/4 of the way through the loaf to leave the squares attached to the bottom crust.
3. Mix the butter and garlic. Slowly pour butter mixture between squares of bread, covering the whole loaf.
4. Gently pull squares of bread apart and place pepperonis in the crevices.
5. Sprinkle cheese all over loaf, making sure to get some down into the crevices.
6. Bake for 10 to 15 minutes or until cheese is melted.
7. Serve with pizza sauce for dipping!